MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Monday 2 June 2014

I might be gone a while... that eureka moment!

Eureka!!!

I've been struggling with the secondary plot for the next  Sea Witch Voyage for months now - that #eureka moment happened at 2 a.m. this morning.
Wham! Palm-smack-forehead... Of course!!!! 

I've been awake since then thinking it through and I can't tell you the relief of finally knowing which direction this novel needs to go in! 

Being an indie writer means you are independent in virtually all the writing process, from conception to birth. Yes you need an editor, yes you need a cover designer, possibly an assisted publisher of some sort to do the technical bit of actually publishing the book, but unlike with mainstream there is no trusted agent (who is possibly also a friend) to chat about "the next book". There is no Managing Editor at her desk in your publishing house. No back up, no sounding board to toss ideas back and forth.

My UK publisher is very supportive (www.silverwoodbooks.co.uk ) as is my editor - both are willing to chat, but both are busy - and neither have the frustration that I've had of not quite being sure how On The Account was going to actually pan out.

Two people have even said to me "go away and write something else". No..o... I hear my Jesamiah followers cry in despair! We want to know what happens next after Ripples In The Sand!

Maybe the Alliance of Independent Authors could open a "grapple with your ideas" forum or something for authors like me who have been stuck for plot ideas?

Anyway, I had to do some chores this morning, but I'm now going out into the garden with a pile of books to do the research I need. Then I am going to write like the clappers...

I might not be around as much these next few weeks (although I'll not disappear altogether! 

Oh and the idea? 
Seriously?
You think I'm going to TELL you..... 

You are just going to have to wait and read the book.



click here for more about 

4 comments:

  1. Yikes. I just came from your other blog, wandering about as I do, and on that one the 'I Like This' was on the left hand side, so when I read this post, quick as a flash - much to quickly - my finger snaked past me and jit the first button on the left! Oooooo nooooo! It was in reverse over here. Instead of hitting 'like' I have now uit 'disagree' and it won't let me undo it. My humble apologies, and a slap on that nippy finger which was too quick for my brain and decieved my eye! *hangs head in shame* Best of luck with your new idea. And I will try to come back and hit 'like' again. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - don't worry about it! We could always assume that you disagree with me vanishing into the ether for a while! I'm really excited about this as a couple of the things I've thought of actually do tie up with historical fact - I so LOVE it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen