MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Monday 8 April 2013

Exciting! Another Blog Award Awarded!


My thanks to Carla Nayland of  CARLA NAYLAND HISTORICAL FICTION 
 for awarding me a Liebster (German for ‘Favourite’) Blog Award.

The rules of the Liebster Award are:

Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. Done
a (see above)
Answer the 11 questions from the nominator Done (see below)
List 11 random facts about yourself Done a
Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you   feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. Done a
Pass on the 11 questions to your nominees (or create new ones) Done a (see below)
Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog Done a

SO....

My answers to Carly’s questions:

What's your favourite novel and what do you love about it?
Rosemary Sutcliff’s Mark of the Horse Lord – because it is beautifully written, and I still cry at the end whenever I read it.

Letter sent to me by Rosemary

Do you have any pet peeves in historical fiction?
I am starting to worry that authors are concentrating too much on getting the history “right” at the expense of writing a good story. Yes it is necessary to get the facts right to create a believable story, but this is fiction, not a history lecture.

What are you most proud of?
My daughter. She has overcome the disability of dyslexia and proven her passion and ability to ride and care for horses. She looks so elegant when riding side saddle. She cannot read or write that well – so what? She is kind, caring, polite and loyal, attributes that are far more important than educational qualifications.

Kathy competing side saddle at the
 Royal International Horse Show 2011
Paddling in our stream - 2013
Your favourite and least favourite people in history?  (As few or as many as you like!)
Favourites:
King Harold II (of Battle of Hastings fame)
Boudicca
Hereward (the Wake)

Least Favourite:
Duke William
Edward I
Henry VIII

The country, city or other place you'd most like to visit?
York. I love York, and Pompeii

Which five people would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?
I’ll be different to anyone mentioned above:
Mike Oldfield
Prince Charles
Jack Sparrow
My Nan, Emma Turner
Grace Darling

Facebook or Twitter or neither?
Both Facebook and Twitter – love ‘em!

What's one of your goals for the future?
To walk the entire 1 mile of our country lane from the house to the village. (Most of it is up hill – I can manage half way at the moment!)

What's your favourite season?
Spring

Dogs or cats or neither?
 Both. We have a dog and two cats (and four horses!)

What's your favourite hobby?
Walking in the woods on our land here in Devon. It’s fascinating finding all the new plants, paddling in the stream (in my wellies) and hopefully, when it warms up a little – badger watching.

11 Random Facts About Me
1 I eat too much chocolate
2 I watched the first ever Dr Who episode
3 My Dad changed identities while a prisoner in WWII
4 I was once almost killed when a car I was in rolled down a hill
5 My first horse was called Rajah
6 The first pony I remember riding was Noddy. I was about 4
7 I hated history when I was at school
8 I forget people's names (so annoying!)
9 I wish I could meet Michael Kitchen (of Foyles War)
10 I hate slugs
11 I love the smell of hay

~  ~  ~ 

My questions for the Bloggers I have chosen to pass the Liebster Award to:
1 What's your favourite novel and what do you love about it?
2 Do you have any pet peeves in fiction?
3 What are you most proud of?
4 Your favourite and least favourite people in history?  (As few or as many as you like!)
5 The country, city or other place you'd most like to visit?
6 Which five people would you like to meet (dead, alive, or fictional)?
7 Is there anyone you would especially like to say Thank You to – and why?
8 What's one of your goals for the future?
9 If you had £1000 (or $1000) to spend, what would you buy?
10 What's your favourite TV show?
11 What's your favourite movie?

And my 11 chosen blogs to pass the award on to are:

all are blogs I enjoy - although I don't visit as much as I would like because there is never enough hours in the day to do everything I would LIKE to do, as opposed to everything I HAVE to do! 


Thank you again to Carla - and thank you to all who take the time to visit MY blog!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - you are so sweet to include me in on this. I am not much for the award part of blogging - as I think I use my blog to chart my progress, use it as a place to stash wonderful tidbits of information and beautiful sidesaddle pics and even to vent on occasion!! - but I will surely answer your questions. I just did a post today - so I will likely do this early in the week and again thank you for blessing me this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I enjoy browsing your blog when I get a chance (which admittedly isn't often) I wanted to pass this award onto blogs that I personally enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing my blog!! I should actually post more often eh? *laughs* Actually, I plan to get a blog going on my website where I actually post regularly about book cover design. *fingers crossed*

    What? You don't like Duke William? *laughs* I'm shocked!! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for including me in this. Gulp. 11 blogs I enjoy visiting, apart from yours.... Hmm, could get tricky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your answers, Helen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen